Wednesday, January 25, 2012

You know you're a parent when...



I've been thinking a lot lately about the MANY ways my life has changed in the past year (since I became a mom, duh). It actually reminded me of Jeff Foxworthy's famous "you might be a redneck if..." because I suddenly started saying "you know you're a parent when..."

So if you're a Mommy or a Daddy, add your own in the comment box below!!

YOU KNOW YOU'RE A PARENT WHEN...




...going 5 days without showering is actually NOT THAT BAD.



...the song you have stuck in your head these days is "lalalala lalalala Elmo's world!"



...you not only get drunk off one beer, you get a hangover off one beer.



...the 3 second rule becomes a legitimate thing.



...11pm is waaaay past your bedtime.



..."going out" is now a trip to Target- ALONE!!

2 comments:

  1. ... when they announce the Oscar nominees and you have only seen one movie and have never even heard of the rest of them.

    ... when the 20 second rule actually applies!

    ... if you no longer shut the door to go to the bathroom!

    ... if you find yourself locked in the bathroom with a piece of chocolate and a glass of wine telling your kid "mommy just needs a time out."

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I LOVE the "going out" is now a trip to Target (or any store) alone!

    SO agree and have been there! I used to go to the mall and just walk around aimlessly when Todd had Cohen just because I could. No one needed anything from me, I had no place to be, and I didn't even need to buy anything. And it was WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete