Sunday, January 22, 2012

Where the party at? part 2


Last year my husband turned 30 (dun dun dun!!) So I thought what better way to celebrate his age than to celebrate the decade he came from :)

I Love The 80's!!



We're talkin Care Bears, Nintendo, Hulk Hogan, Top Gun, Michael Jackson, and TONS of neon colors...everywhere! I have to thank Shelly for helping me with evey single aspect of this party. I could not have done it without her help!! First we splattered neon paint on tons of paper table cloths as part of the decor. We also found some old magazines from the 80's at an antique shop and created fun posters out of the hilarious advertisements.







One of my favorite touches were the floppy disk coasters we made that said "Brett Says Relax". They were a fun party favor that everyone enjoyed. We also created several stations that both entertained and added to the totally 80's theme! 1)The 80's listening station. I found a crazy amount of 80's music cassette tapes at thrift stores and of course a tape player. 2)The Spin the Bottle station ('nuff said). 3)The "30 reason's we love Brett" station. Each guest wrote down the thing they love the most about Brett and taped it to the poster. After the party I taped the poster to my husbands' bathroom mirror so he could enjoy it for a few weeks. 4)The "Cocktails" station. 5)The photo booth station. This was everyone's FAVORITE station because they could grab a few friends, strike a pose, and take a photo using the remote control!










And of course Shelly created another masterpiece of a cake that TOTALLY ROCKED!!










Just for fun...a few of a TOTALLY RADICAL moments from a night we will never forget (well kinda- the bartender had a very heavy pour).






No comments:

Post a Comment