Sunday, January 22, 2012

Where the party at?


One of the few talents I inherited from my mother is the ability to throw a par-tay. Not just any par-tay. A crazy, kookoo, THEMED par-tay!! Nothing gives me more joy than hosting a bash that creates amazing memories. From baby-showers to birthday parties, I LOOOOVVVEEE bringing people together through themed parties.

I'm going to share some ideas that I hope will help my fellow party-throwers in the future...

Travel Themed Baby-Shower:



This was a baby-shower I threw for my dear friend Danielle who had a baby exactly 8 weeks after me! Her husband is in the Army and they travel all over the world (jealous much?) They have lived in Alabama, Hawaii, Savannah, and they just moved to Tennessee- right outside of Kentucky and Nashville!!






The invitations were "Passports" (one of my favorite touches). And the cake was to die for! I can't take credit for the cake though. My best friend Shelly has the magic touch. Not only was it in the shape of a suitcase with all the stickers from the places the Knights have lived, but it was sooooooo goooooood!!






The food I served was in the form of an "in flight meal". I packed sandwiches and even has a drink cart!






The guest favors were travel sized hand sanitizers packaged in little suit case bags that I decorated with travel stickers :)






I decorated with tons of vintage suit cases, paper diapers made from maps, and onsies with travel icons on them. The shower was a success (especially considering I was almost 9 months pregnant myself)!








We played a couple games that went along with the theme. The first game was a pregnancy trivia game. I split the guests into two teams, the red team and the blue team. I called out pregnancy/baby trivia questions and the first team to answer the question correctly would move their airplane on the huge map closer to the final destination. Elect a guest to act as "Vanna White" so you can focus on the trivia questions...



The second game we played was called "It's a boy". I wrote the phrase "It's a boy" in many different languages (again going along with the travel theme)and printed it on a sheet of paper for each guest. Danielle's sister in law got almost every single language!!



If you have any questions about throwing a travel themed party JUST ASK ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment